So today is “leap day” that crazy day that only comes every four years, like presidential elections and olympics. Today is a milestone on this journey, it is the 50th day of this journey. So I wanted to look back and reflect on how things have changed in these last 50 days.
- I used to eat out every meal of every day. I was probably the most unhealthy eater you had ever met. Just to give you an idea I weighed in at 455, 50 days ago, to maintain that weight I had to eat just north of 5000 calories a day, and I was GAINING WEIGHT!!! Today a filling calorie high day for me is in the 1000 calorie range, and I am completely satisfied and I very rarely get hungry!
- The gym and I had a love hate relationship. I would go to the gym and workout, but I never really liked going and I would go to fool myself in to thinking I could eat more cause I was “working out” if I went three or four times a week I was doing really well. Now I go to the gym every day without fail, I actually look forward to my time in the gym and feel sluggish if I don’t make it for that day. I am now up to 40-45 mins a day of hard sweat pouring workouts, either swimming laps or on an elliptical machine. I never every would have thought that I would like the gym like I do.
- I used to not be able to make it though the day with out an afternoon nap. Sure I am still guilty of indulging in an occasional nap in the afternoon, but now they are in the 20 min range not an hour to hour and a half range like they were. I have tons of energy now and absolutely love that I can keep up with the teenagers so much better than I used to be able to.
- My wardrobe was severely limited. 50 days ago I was down to being able to wear only one pair of jeans, and just a handful of shirts. I only wore slip on shoes because it was too much work bending over to tie my shoes. Today I can once again fit in to everything in my closet, and am now even able to fit in to cloths that were in storage cause they were too small. In fact in not to long I am going to have to once again put cloths in to storage, not because they are small, but because they are way to big!!
- When I started this journey my blood pressure was high enough the doctors were concerned enough that they were going to put me on medicine for it. Today, my blood pressure is absolutely normal and I no longer am at risk for medicine.
These are just a small sampling of some of the things that are now completely different for me and I am so looking forward to what the next 50 days bring!