I must apologize for not posting on this blog for some time. I spent a week at camp with Junior Highers last week, and have not quite caught up with everything yet. I have had lots of little things happen since we have talked last so let me catch you up!
- I had a great time at my birthday and while there one of my youth ministry kids took an amazing picture of me in “the Shirt”! It perfectly shows how much things have changed, so I thought I would share it with you here!
- While I was at camp I took the opportunity to do a lot of hiking in the backwoods of southern Missouri. It was so cool to be able to get lost on the back trails and have tons of energy to hike for over 2 hours! I had lots of tics, however that’s just a sign of being active and out in nature, you don’t get tics when you’re sitting on the couch!
- One of the craziest figures they told us in class was that for every pound you lose you take 4 pounds of pressure of your joints. That means I have taken over 700 pounds of pressure off my joints!! That figure alone is simply amazing.
- Last Friday night I wanted to try test myself and see how far I could run, so I set off running in the neighborhood, I ran and to my surprise I was able to keep running. In fact I ran for 30 min, a full half hour without stopping or feeling like I would die of exhaustion!
- It has been hot and dry here in Jonesboro, no real measurable rain since the beginning of June and temperatures in the triple digits most days. I have been stunned how much easier I can tolerate the heat.
- This last monday at my 27th weigh in I lost another 10 pounds, that brings my total to 177 pounds!! It is simply amazing to me that I have been able to continue to lose around 5 pounds every week this far into the diet and in the midst of summer camp season! Make sure and check out the numbers page to see the official numbers.
- Now that fruits and veggies are on the horizon I am definitely looking forward to the day that I get to add them into my diet!