Well I must apologize for the near two-week absence from my blog. I have been busy with some things and spent some time on vacation as well, so my blogging got put on the back burner.
Well I must say that their has been a lot of things go on that I need to catch everyone up on so here it goes:
- I ran almost five miles last week!! I never thought that I would get in to or like running like I do, but I must say that it is quite awesome! I am currently working on being able to run a six-mile loop near my house. This also serves as good training for the 5K that I have coming up.
- I have completely made the transition from all shakes to all real food, now I am eating, and navigating the crazy world of regular food while trying to finish up my dash to the finish line.
- I am now only 15 pounds away from the finish line of 227 pounds. I still can’t believe that I am this close to my goals.
- As I said earlier I was on vacation this last week, and went into it with no plan, or illusions that I would stay on my diet. As a result I posted the first weight gain this journey, 2.3 pounds to be exact. There are several things that I have learned from this last week.
- Old habits are super easy to come back. Eating like I did last week, shocked me how I fell right back into those old habits.
- Without any exercise in your life, weight gain is almost inevitable.
- As amazing as I remembered all that bad food being to eat, I forgot about how bad I felt after eating it. Tired from to many carbs, sluggish from over eating, and addicted to the act of eating not eating for sustenance.
- After my trek back into the waters of over indulgence, I have been more committed than ever to seeing this through. Not only to my goal weight, but to the lifestyle change that I know it is going to take.
- I always seem to work better when I have a goal that I am working to, right now my major goal is to make it to my goal weight by Halloween. The other goal that I have is to work up my distance so that I can run a Marathon before my two-year Weigh loss journey start date!